USAID Business Growth Activity
The USAID Business Growth Activity supports Jordan's small and medium enterprises (SMEs), including startups, to improve their productivity and competitiveness, create employment, foster innovation, promote economic growth, and advance Jordan towards a more prosperous, resilient, and inclusive future. USAID Business Growth Activity will support SMEs with firm-level technical assistance and access to finance provided through tailored mechanisms. This project systematically incorporates women, youth, and persons with disabilities in all the project interventions, and identifies issues and challenges facing SMEs. USAID Business Growth Activity is a five-year project (2021-2026) implemented by Financial Markets International.
Eligibility criteria to apply for USAID BGA support
SMEs/Startups that wish to express their interest should satisfy the following criteria:
- Legal entity established and registered in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
- Legal entity registered at the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Supply (MoITS), or any other relevant ministry.
- SMEs should be registered for more than 3 years.
- Startups registration should be up to 3 years.
- Legal entity more than 51% privately owned.
Number of employees for SMEs (including part-time employees), between 10 and 250 (not applicable to startups).
- A full time employee works 40 hours a week.
A part time employee works less than 40 hours a week (including the seasonal workers).
- Startups should have a minimum viable product with an actual sales figure as proof of concept for their idea/business.
- The accurate provision of information will enable USAID BGA to adequately evaluate the application.
- Eligible companies are expected to contribute towards the cost of the support. The contribution percentage will be further determined.
- It is expected that the support ceiling for each company will not exceed $50,000 US dollars.
- Participating companies will be expected to comply with all Jordanian laws and regulations, including Defense Order 35 and other Covid-19-related measures.
- The information you provide will be subject to the Privacy Act of 1974, as amended, and may not be disclosed to a third party unless (1) you have consented in writing, or (2) the disclosure is otherwise authorized by the Privacy Act.
For additional information and questions, please send an email to: Support@jordanbga.org
or call at: +962 797433925 or +962 6 5902800